Everything About Cats and the Humans That Love Them
Cats are so unique! There was a learning curve that came with that uniqueness. Life with a cat was different than life with other species of animal. We didn’t see the early signs of an illness that appeared in Obi-Wan and he passed away in February 2005. His passing left me with a lot of questions and a burning desire to learn everything I could about cats.
When I found out that I could combine my passions for creative work and cats, Playful Kitty was born! Blogging is a way for me to share what I was learning about cats with others. It is also a way for me to showcase all of the things I love about being a cat owner and engage with other cat lovers all around the world.
If you are looking for an answer to a cat-related question, you are in the right place! I’m always learning something new about cats and I would love to help you find answers too. You’ll find posts here about cat health, cat behavior, cat nutrition, animal rescue, the human-animal bond, cats in human culture, and so much more!
Looking for a laugh? Check out our weekly Wednesday feature, Niptoons, for a funny cat comic starring my very own Manna and Dexter. On Sundays, my cats will give you a chuckle with their Funny Cat Picture of the week. My cats are always making me smile!
Blogger/Owner of Playful Kitty
10 Random Facts About Robin
Everyone knows that I love cats, but there may be quite a few things that you don’t know.
- I’m professionally trained in acting, singing, and dancing. I have experience in theater and on film. Yes, I do sing to my cats.
- My favorite color is Royal Blue.
- When I was a kid, I told people that I wanted to be a clown when I grew up.
- My college major was Special Education – Cognitive Impairments. I spent several years working with special needs students.
- I have read the entire Bible from cover to cover more than 10 times. My favorite Bible verse is Psalm 46:10 “Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted on the earth.”
- I have a huge sweet tooth. Peanut M&M’s are my favorite candy.
- I love movies that have a great twist! Thrillers, Fantasy, and Drama are my favorite genres.
- Silliness is a staple in my life. I love to laugh.
- I played the trumpet from 5th grade all the way through high school.
- I’m one of those people that knows tons of useless facts.
Playful Kitty’s Co-C.F.O.s (Chief Feline Officers)
Birthday: June 2007
Manna has been a part of our family since she was 3.5 weeks old. She was an abandoned kitten found in a local trailer park. No matter how old she gets, she has the spirit of a kitten. Manna loves to play! She knows that she has everyone wrapped around her dainty paws. Her favorite things are catnip, my husband (Dave), and napping in the sun!
Birthday: April 8, 2016
Dexter is the newest member of our family. He was born to a stray pregnant cat that had been taken in by a friend of ours. It took him no time at all to make friends with Manna. She has cared for him like he was her own kitten. Dexter is a super energetic guy that loves everything about life! He is a catnip addict and he can’t get enough of the laser pointer.
Dave is my husband and a self-proclaimed cat man! He is a school bus driver for special needs students for our local intermediate school district. On weekends, Dave and I run a business called Designated Dave which helps get intoxicated people home safely.
Looking for the perfect greeting card? Dave is an independent representative for a SendOutCards, which offers cutsomized greeting cards and gifts. He has a real passion for making people smile!
Subscribe to Playful Kitty!
There are 2 great options for subscribing to Playful Kitty. We have an email newsletter that will tell you all about the latest Playful Kitty news, giveaways, and give you special exclusive content. There is also a way to receive every one of our blog posts via email as soon as they are published. Use the forms below to subscribe!