Happy Birthday to Manna!
It is hard to summarize how amazing it is to have a cat that has chosen to live with you for a decade. Manna showed up on my dad’s front porch when she was only 3.5 weeks old. No one knows how she got there. Since Manna was being rejected by the other cats that my dad had at the time, I decided to take her in. We have been a family ever since!
The exact date of Manna’s birthday is unknown. It was near the 4th of July when the veterinarian told us that she was about 3.5 weeks old. I choose a date in June every year to celebrate her birthday, but it isn’t always the same day in June. Manna doesn’t seem to mind one bit. She would love it if we celebrated her birthday every day!
What will we do to celebrate Manna turning 10? Give her all of the things that she loves. There will be treats, play time, time out on the balcony for some sun, and some cuddling. Since Cinco passed away, Manna has really taken to cuddling with me! The catnip will be flowing in her honor too.
In Manna’s honor, here are some fun facts about Manna:
- Manna was named after the miraculous bread called manna in the Old Testament of the Bible.
- Manna’s nickname is “B”. It was originally banana (because it rhymes with Manna) but we got lazy and shortened it to B.
- When we brought Manna home for the first time, she was small enough to fit in the palm of my hand easily.
- Manna is still a petite kitty. She only weighs 8 lbs (3.6 kg).
- Manna talks a lot. She has a big husky voice that surprises a lot of people.
- Manna took over a lot of Cinco’s habits after Cinco passed away.
- There will never be anyone that Manna loves more than my husband, Dave. He is her favorite toy.
- Manna can tell when I have a migraine headache. She starts sniffing my head, especially my forehead, and will sometimes tap my head with her paw.
- When Manna was a baby, she fell into the toilet. We have had a habit of keeping the toilet lid closed ever since.
Want to Compete?
I finished the word search in 3 minutes and 30 seconds. Can you do it faster? ProProfs (the service I use for the word searches) says that they will be fixing the scoring very soon. Currently, you are receiving points per word that you find rather than by how quickly you find them. That is why everyone always gets the same score.
Instructions for the Interactive Word Search
(Click here if you can’t see the word search below)
- Words from the word list on the right are hidden within the puzzle. The words may be spelled forward, backward, or on a diagonal.
- Click on the first letter of the word, drag the cursor across the word and click on the last letter of the word.
- The puzzle is finished once you have found all of the words.