Let the Fun Begin!
One of the great joys of having a kitten in our home again has been all of the play time! Dexter, like many kittens, loves everything. There is no such thing as something that isn’t a toy in his world. Sometimes his love of toys goes too far – I have to watch him very carefully to make sure he doesn’t play with something that might hurt him. However, most of the time, it is just fun to see how he views everyday objects.
I hope that Dexter never loses his appreciation of the simple things. Manna certainly hasn’t! She may be 9 years old physically, but she never left kittenhood at heart. Playfulness is one of the things that makes these two such a great pair!
Many of the things that my cats love to play with the most are regular household items. Perhaps your cats like some of these things too! Here are a few of Manna and Dexter’s favorites:
- Aluminum foil balls
- Paper towel/toilet paper tubes
- Crumpled paper
- Boxes – any kind or size of cardboard box
- Socks (the truth about my missing left socks)
- Milk rings
- Bottle caps
- The plastic strip from the top resealable packages
As a word of caution, there are a few “fun” household items that cats should NOT play with. These include hair ties, cotton swabs, plastic bags (especially those with handles), and anything with long strings. Anything that a cat can swallow is hazardous not only because it is a potential choking hazard, but because it can become entwined in or clog the cat’s intestines.
Want to Compete?
I finished the word search in 2 minute and 30 seconds. Can you do it faster? ProProfs (the service I use for the word searches) says that they will be fixing the scoring very soon. Currently, you are receiving points per word that you find rather than by how quickly you find them. That is why everyone always gets the same score.
Instructions for the Interactive Word Search
- Words from the word list on the right are hidden within the puzzle. The words may be spelled forward, backward, or on a diagonal.
- Click on the first letter of the word, drag the cursor across the word and click on the last letter of the word.
- The puzzle is finished once you have found all of the words.