It is so hard to believe that another year of blogging has gone by! I began Playful Kitty on September 3, 2013, with no idea where it would eventually take me. Blogging has been a true adventure for me and the kitties! I have met a ton of great friends through this blog. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for being a part of this journey with me. Who knows where it will lead next?
Not So Long Ago
I remember the night I decided to start Playful Kitty. I knew that I wanted to start a blog. I love to write, to educate and to entertain. There were ideas inside of me just waiting to break out into a place where they could be seen. Blogging was a great way to begin using my talents. Little did I know how many opportunities would await me because of blogging!
It only took seconds for me to come up with the purrrfect topic. I asked myself one question – what can I imagine myself writing about every day that would never become dull to me? My cats. I already talked about them all of the time, why not write about them too. It also gave me a way to share the cat-related topics that I had been researching. I love to learn about cats!
At the time, I had no idea how large the community of blogging cat lovers was. It is huge! There are a ton of amazing cat blogs out there. I am very happy to be a part of this community. The people I have met in the cat blogging and more general pet blogging world have been some of the most compassionate I’ve ever encountered. Sure, there is some drama, but it pales in comparison to what I’ve seen in other circles. There is a lot of love in the pet blogging community. So many bloggers are truly passionate about pets.
The Power of 3!
Three is a lucky number here at Playful Kitty! It turns out that this year has been filled with things that have come in threes.
- Our 3 top posts from the last year:
- We’ve welcomed a 3rd regularly appearing cat to Playful Kitty, Dexter, and we’ve had him for 3 full months now. Unfortunately, this also came with a very sorrowful goodbye to Cinco. Thank you all for your support in these ups and downs. It has meant the world to us!
- Manna turned 9 years old this year (9 = 3 X 3) .
- Dexter has 3 living siblings and his mother is a calico (3 colors).
- The number of pages viewed on Playful Kitty in the last year is evenly divisible by 3.
- I went to my 3rd BlogPaws Conference this year in Phoenix, Arizona.
- My husband and I have been married for 13 years this year! We got married September 12, 2003 (notice the 3).
- There are 3 weekly series here on Playful Kitty:
- Our tagline (new this year) is “Cats, Tips, and Catnip Trips”. I have 3 pages (front and back) in a notebook of drafts of my tagline that led up to the final decision.
The Triple T Studios Giveaway
To thank you all for being a part of these last 3 years, we’re giving away a prize from our new affiliate partner, Triple T Studios! This is a very trendy online store for cat lovers that specializes in cat-themed purses and accessories (there is a dog-themed bag too). Not only are their items super cute and made in the USA, but Triple T Studios donates to conservation programs for big cats and to cat rescues.
I won Triple T Studios’ Cat Walk Cosmetics Bag at the BlogPaws Conference in June and I instantly fell in love with their products. It is very high quality! My husband has already been informed that he needs to get me the Refined Cat Wallet (in black) that he must get me as a late birthday/anniversary present this year.
One (1) lucky winner will receive a $25 (US Dollars) Gift Card to Triple T Studios! This giveaway is open worldwide. Entries can be received until September 19, 2016, at 11:59 PM EST. The winner will be notified by email within 48 hours of the end of the giveaway. If the winner does not reply to this email within 48 hours, a new winner will be chosen. Winners must be 18 years of age. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.