He’s Growing up!
Dexter joined my family on June 6, 2016, just shy of 8-weeks-old. This past Wednesday, he turned 4 months old (16 weeks)! It is amazing how fast time flies. Dexter has officially spent half of his life in my home.
It has been great getting to know my little mancat. He is quite the character! I love his silly kitten antics and I hope that he keeps some of them as he grows up. One of my favorite things is that he loves to touch his nose to mine (nose boop) first thing when I wake up. When he hears my alarm, he rushes in to give me happy paws and nose boops. It is really cute.
At this point in time:
- Dexter will eat almost anything. He doesn’t care what brand or what flavor, he just likes food.
- Dexter eats too fast and gives himself hiccups. He also drinks too fast and coughs as a result. Hopefully, we’ll get him to slow down on these things.
- Dexter can climb the cat tree in a matter of a few seconds. He reminds me of King Kong climbing the Empire State Building in fast forward. He’s very proud of this too.
- Dexter is mute. He has no voice at all. When he opens his mouth to meow, only air comes out. We know what he means, though! As an FYI – his hearing appears to be just fine.
- Every toy is fun for Dexter. Even things that are not toys are fun. I have to watch carefully to make sure he doesn’t play with things that might hurt him.
- We call Dexter “little dude” or “little man” as a nickname. I have a feeling that this will change as he gets bigger than Manna. Right now he is almost 5 pounds (2.27 kg). Manna is only 8 pounds (3.6 kg).
- Manna is getting along pretty well with Dexter. I think he is still a little too energetic for her sometimes, but I see her initiating play/grooming with him too. He loves her to pieces. Getting them to both play with toys with me at the same time is still challenging.
Want to Compete?
I finished the word search in 2 minutes and 43 seconds. Can you do it faster? I got a score of 160 again, so that is still not working correctly.
Instructions for the Interactive Word Search
- Words from the word list on the right are hidden within the puzzle. The words may be spelled forward, backward, or on a diagonal.
- Click on the first letter of the word, drag the cursor across the word and click on the last letter of the word.
- The puzzle is finished once you have found all of the words.
Did you know your cat at 4 months old?