Bring on the Sun!
Here in Michigan, summer is a real treat for humans and kitties. It typically begins snowing here by early November (or earlier yet) and we don’t see our last snow fall until sometime in April. There is nothing uncommon about seeing tulips draped in snow around here. When the sun finally starts to heat things up, energy and life surge through everyone.
Manna absolutely loves summer time! Dexter does too, but having only just been born at the end of April, he doesn’t have a lot to compare it to. What activities have my kitties been loving this summer?
- Manna loves getting to sit out on the balcony and nap in the nice warm sunshine. Dexter doesn’t get too much balcony time yet because he is still too little to understand why he can’t jump down (from the second floor) and chase the ducks.
- Dexter loves ice cubes. Whether it is chasing them across the kitchen floor or in his water dish, he thinks they are the coolest disappearing toys ever.
- Ice cream. I don’t let them have more than a lick or two – and only when it is vanilla- but those few licks are greatly cherished by both kitties.
- Spending time with Dave and me. Since Dave is a school bus driver, he has a shortened route for the summer and can afford more time for hanging out with the kitties at home. Having Dave at home more tends to lighten my load a bit too.
- Enjoying the longer lasting sun puddles. What kitty doesn’t like to hang out in a sun puddle? In the summer, the sun sticks around significantly longer around here and so do the sun puddles.
Want to Compete?
I finished the word search in 1 minute and 7 seconds. Can you do it faster? I got a score of 160 again, so that is still not working correctly.
Instructions for the Interactive Word Search
- Words from the word list on the right are hidden within the puzzle. The words may be spelled forward, backward, or on a diagonal.
- Click on the first letter of the word, drag the cursor across the word and click on the last letter of the word.
- The puzzle is finished once you have found all of the words.