Love Doesn’t Need to be Colorful
It is that time of year again! The leaves are changing colors and everyone is getting ready for some spooktacular fun. Unfortunately, it is also a time of year that perpetuates some nasty rumors about cats whose fur just so happens to be black. Some animal shelters even find it necessary to temporarily ban adoptions of black cats throughout the month of October just to keep those cats safe. It’s quite sad since black kitties have a difficult time getting adopted out in general.
Rather than dwell on the nasty rumors, we should take some time out to celebrate that pawsomeness of black cats! There are so many wonderful things about them. Here are 5 of the great things I think of when I think about black cats:
- My mom has a long haired, all black cat named Tootsie. She got her name because she loved to play with people’s toes as a kitten. She’s a total diva and a beautiful womancat.
- My dad has an all black cat named Stormy. She is very in tune with when my dad isn’t feeling well. He’s always amazed at her attempts to make him feel better. This black kitty is all full of love!
- Felix the Cat was the world’s first feline cartoon character. He has been entertaining audiences since the early 1900’s! He was the first image ever to be broadcast on television.
- Black fur is so beautiful that a black cat was used to represent Bastet, the famous Egyptian cat goddess.
- Black kitties get to look like little ninjas when they are playing. 🙂
Want to Compete?
I got a score of 17,953 on this word search. Can you get a higher one?
Instructions for the Interactive Word Search
- Words from the word list on the right are hidden within the puzzle. The words may be spelled forward, backward, or on a diagonal.
- Click on the first letter of the word, drag the cursor across the word, and click on the last letter of the word.
- The puzzle is finished once you have found all of the words.