This week has been full of all sorts of fun topics!
Monday’s post was 5 Tips for Choosing Great Cat Toys. Cinco and Manna just love their toys. I’m pretty sure they would play all day if they didn’t have to eat and sleep. A few quick take aways;
- It is important to pick safe toys that won’t be sharp, break, or be swallowed.
- Having a variety of different toys can help your cat’s mind and keep them from getting bored.
- Interactive playtime can help improve the relationship between human and cat.
Next we went on another silly adventure with Cinco and Manna in Wordless Wednesday: Hidden Toys. It can be tough digging those toys out from under the furniture, but someone has to do it! Luckily, Manna has become an expert at retrieving her toys (at least she thinks so). Cinco enjoyed cat-napping her toy!
Another way to have fun with a kitty and build a bond is through clicker training. Cats are very intelligent creatures that can learn to do anything. A human just has to be willing to create a common language with the cat and let the cat be a cat. Always keep training positive and fun! Learn the step by step method to clicker train in my post How to Train a Cat By Using a Clicker.
Finally, Friday’s post was about The Legend of the Yule Cat. Despite it’s connection to the Christmas season, it’s not as positive of a subject as the others. The Yule Cat is a monster in Icelandic folklore that was known for eating people who didn’t have new clothes for Christmas Eve. All of us cat lovers know that cats aren’t really evil though. Still, the folks in Iceland really enjoy their whole set of Christmas monster stories.
Want to compete?
I got a score of 14,340 on this word search. Can you get a higher one? The faster you find all of the words, the higher your score will be.
Instructions for the Interactive Word Search
- Words from the word list on the right are hidden within the puzzle. The words may be spelled forward, backward, or on a diagonal.
- Click on the first letter of the word, drag the cursor across the word, and click on the last letter of the word.
- The puzzle is finished once you have found all of the words.
What activity do your kitties enjoy the most?